Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bryson's 1st Day of PreSchool


This is a long post because I squished 3 days into one post. Sorry! It is the first time I have had a chance to sit down and type this all out, but these are things I want to be able to look back and remember.

Monday was my baby's first day of pre-school! I can't believe he is big enough for school.

Friday was "meet the teacher" day. He was excited to go, but as soon as he got there, he wouldn't let go of my hand. And Bryson has NEVER liked to hold any one's hand. We walked to his room and his face immediately went into my leg when the teacher looked at him. She gave him his tote bag with his name on it. She told him she had put a surprise in there and he was trying not to look interested but peeked a little. I showed him around the room while she greeted other students. I showed him the behavior chart and how his frog needed to stay on the good lily pad. Then the birthday chart. And the "duty" chart which he heard as "doodie" chart and giggled under his breath. Boys. He pointed at the "Books of the Bible" chart and asked what it was. When I told him it was the books of the Bible like he sings in Bible class, he held back a grin. His teacher told him he could sit down and she asked him what he liked to play with.

"You tell her what I like to play with." He whispered.

"If I have to talk for you I'm gonna tell her Barbie's." I told him.

He mumbled to her that he liked cars and trains so she gave him some cars to play with. Snacks were delivered and she offered him a cookie and some lemonade. He perked up then because this little boy loves lemonade!

"Do we get cookies and lemonade everyday?" He whispered to me again.

"I don't know about cookies and lemonade, but you will get a snack everyday!" I replied.

He thought for a few seconds and said, "That's a lot of boxes of cookies."

Another little boy came in and I encouraged Bryson to see if the other boy would like to play cars with him. The other boy heard me and came and played, but of course, neither would speak to each other.

"Can I have some more lemonade?" In a whisper, of course!

"Ask your teacher if you can have some more."

"You."

She heard him and offered some more lemonade. He just nodded. After he finished his snack I asked him to put the cars away and we got ready to leave. He quietly told his teacher bye and we left. When we were walking out of the building he looked at me and said, "That was the bestest lemonade EBBER!"

I woke him up Monday morning and went to fix his breakfast. I turned around and he was standing behind me dressed and ready to put on his shoes. He didn't eat much breakfast, but it was early for him and I am sure he had a queasy tummy. I told him it wouldn't be long after he got there that he would have snack so it was okay if he couldn't eat much. I reminded him to go to the bathroom when they had bathroom breaks. I told him he didn't want to have an accident on the playground if he got too busy playing.

He giggled and said, "I won't get to busy!"

I told him, "You might. Blaine did."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Blaine peed his pants on the playground?!?"

I corrected him, "No. Blaine POOPED on the playground."

"WHAT?!?"

"YES! So if you have to go to the bathroom while you are playing be sure and tell your teacher."

We got to school and he left his blanket and tissue in his car seat, and went right to class. His teacher took our picture together and he hugged and kissed me bye. He didn't even cry!

When I went to pick him up he was excited to see me. I was ready to talk and started asking him questions. He got in his seat and saw his blanket and tissue and immediately started sucking his thumb. I needed to go by Target because we were out of trash bags and coffee. I needed him to stay awake so I kept trying to get him to talk. He was getting aggravated with me. I knew if I brought up the lemonade he would talk.

"Did you have lemonade for snack today?", I asked.

"NO!!! We had stupid apple juice!!!", He yelled.

"What did you have for lunch?"

"I don't know"

"Was it good?"

"I don't want to talk right now."

Meaning "I can't talk with my thumb in my mouth! "

The next day I called the office because I couldn't remember if I had paid the first month when I registered or if I had just paid a registration fee. The lady that answered told me she was going around introducing herself to the kids and trying to learn their names. She told Bryson that she was there when Blaine was in Preschool.

Bryson said, "Did he POOP his pants?"

Poor Blaine. Bryson is never going to forget that.

Sara






1 comment:

nat said...

You should have known as soon as you told him that about Blaine that he would never forget it! LOL! Hopefully we won't be cranky every afternoon when you pick him up. Glad you both survived the first day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...