I have a new project to start this weekend. And no....I haven't finished the last quilt I posted about. In fact, I haven't touched it since. I will explain that in a moment. Roman is due a couple of weeks after Bryson turns two. I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. I never get my baby quilts done before the baby comes. I like to make something for that particular baby instead of making things up ahead of time that can go for either a boy or a girl. So I have waited until mommy picks out the bedding and has the nursery painted. I received a message on facebook last week with all the colors of the paint that will be in his room. So Saturday while Bryson was at home napping with his Daddy, I took a little trip to Home Depot and then on the Hancock's Fabrics.
Actually, the way that went was, I went to Hancock's and then remembered that I forget to go by Home Depot and get the paint samples so I had no idea what I was getting. So I left Hancock's, went to Home Depot, got the samples and went back to Hancock's.
I had a hard time finding fabric with the colors that matched the paint samples that didn't have flowers or pink on them. I looked around for quite some time before deciding on the fabrics that I liked together. Roman's mommy has also requested rick rack which I have always wanted to use in a quilt, but have not. I hope I can incorporate it into this one. Not sure how I will do it yet.
Here are the paints that will be in Roman's room.
And here are the fabrics I found to work with.
Rick Rack in chocolate brown. That will also be in his room, I just didn't get a paint sample of that cause, well, we all know that I know what chocolate looks like.
And this is my inspiration for my quilt.
Wish me luck!
P.S. The other quilt that I was working on.....I decided to back it with an old sheet that I had that wasn't really old, but don't use anymore. I started looking for it and then remembered donating it to purple heart a few months ago. Well, I needed to have the measurement of the backing fabric so I would know how wide I need to make the strips. I didn't want to get a bunch of it done and it be too long and have to cut it off. So I decided to look for one last time I went to Target. The first thing I saw when I walked down the aisle was perfect. It is an olive/khaki combination with chocolate brown paisleys. I thought it would work well since it does look kinda old and paisleys where really popular in the time period that all my scraps are from. I got the whole queen set for $19.99! That means I can use the fitted sheet to back another one and I guess I could use the pillow cases in another quilt! Maybe when I get Roman's done I will have time to work on it again.