Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I know that this is something everyone says they are thankful for, but I am soooo thankful for my wonderful husband. He is always really good at reminding me that sometimes it is better to keep my mouth shut than to make myself feel better and say something that will probably make matters worse. And I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes that is hard for me. (That was slightly sarcastic, in case you didn't pick up on that.) But he is always there to encourage me and keep me grounded.

Sometimes there are people that we can't do anything with and situations we can't do anything about.

And just like Stephen says, some people are like an ugly wart you can't get rid of.

That is especially true in our case. But Stephen is always there to remind me that the boys will never have to do without things that they need, no matter how much others try to ruin things for them. Or us. Or whoever it is they try to ruin things for.

And I guess I am like any other mother, it hurts me to see my children get hurt. But unlike my children, my hurt will go away and theirs will be bottled up inside. And then one day, those that put my kids in these situations will wonder why my kids have bad feelings towards them as adults. But I guess the saying is true...what comes around, goes around.

Trying to be the bigger person and not stoop to that level has always been hard for me. Stephen is always there to encourage me to be patient. But I'm not very patient either. He has his work cut out for him doesn't he?

Thank you, Stephen, for reminding me of this daily. And for being there for all the boys and seeing them as your own.

Sniff, sniff.

I am finished now.

Sara

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

You do better than you think; however, I'm glad Stephen is there for you:) I know exactly how you feel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...