Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It Ain't Food Network, But They Eat It....Tuesday!

I'm not even sure if this could be classified as a recipe because it is so simple, but it's my blog and I will if I want to! This was given to me around 15 years ago at a singles devotional at church. The lady hosting the event made this and I came pretty close to eating every bit by myself. I.love.it. The only problem with putting it on here is it doesn't really have a name. And what we call it isn't a good name for it. Because it looks kinda like vomit, we usually refer to it as puke dip. I know, terrible isn't it? Yeah. I live with all boys, remember? And if we let Bryson name it he would call it booty dip so I am choosing right now to name it Creamy Salsa Dip. Yes, that's better.

Creamy Salsa Dip

1-8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1-jar of salsa
Your favorite tortilla chips

In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and salsa. Stir some and then use the mixer for about 30 seconds. This does splatter when you mix it, so maybe wear an apron and make sure your bowl is big enough. Then transfer a smaller bowl for serving and refrigerate until ready to eat it.
Sorry don't know how many ounces for the salsa, but it is the short jar. If I had to guess I would say it is around 12-15 ounces. I made this the other day for the Tots to Tikes get together and I used medium salsa, but it is good with mild or hot also.

Enjoy!

Sara


1 comment:

Candy said...

So you made the dip!! I thought it tasted just like the Rosie's dip you get with their taco salad. Very good! I thought it was sour cream instead of cream cheese.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...