Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It Ain't Food Network, But They Eat It....Tuesday!

This was a recipe that one of my best friend's mother made growing up. She would pack it in Rebecca's lunch and then pack me a piece, too, because she knew how much I loved it when I spent the night at their house! She was such a sweet woman. She passed away our Senior year of high school from breast cancer. If my memory serves me correctly, it was Sept. 15, 1992. Our principal came and announced it to our 7th period class 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave for our volleyball match against Westminister Academy. That was one of the only two games we lost that season because we were all a wreck!

This is the moistest apple cake I have ever eaten! I haven't made it for years but found it when I was digging through my mess of a recipe box. It is written in her Jr. High handwriting. Maybe I can make it soon.

Fresh Apple Cake
Ingrid Hicks' recipe

2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, well beaten
3 cups sliced apples (Winesap)
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tbsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix ingredients in order given. Pour into well greased and floured tube pan. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...