Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am so thankful for my Miracle Muffins cookbook! I have had this for several years. I don't remember when or where I purchased it, but I have used it a lot. All the recipes we have tried everyone liked. Brayden's favorite is the Fresh Cranberry Muffins. I buy the cranberries this time of year and freeze them so we can have them longer. I make the Fresh Blueberry Muffins in the summer with the blueberries we grow and then when we run out of those I get them when they are on sale at the grocery store. I can't decide which ones are my favorite because I like them all. And they are low fat. They are also the biggest muffins I have ever made!

Some of the ingredients include buttermilk and ricotta cheese. I don't normally use these things except for these muffins. And one big can of pumpkin will yield 4 batches of muffins. Since making homemade muffins is so time consuming and some of the ingredients go bad quickly, I mix all the wet ingredients together and put it in Ziploc freezer quart bags. Then I label what it is, the date, the cookbook and page and put what I need to add (dry ingredients). The night before I put it in the fridge to thaw and mix the remaining ingredients in the morning when I am ready to bake them. Sometimes I even mix the dry ingredients in my big mixing bowl the night before, cover with plastic wrap and then add the wet ingredients in the morning right before I bake them.

Find something to be thankful for today!

Sara

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...