Friday, December 3, 2010

Don't Throw That Ball In the House!

I can't tell you how many times a day I tell my boys, "Don't throw that ball in the house!" Let's just say if I was given a penny each time that phrase came out of my mouth I would be a rich woman.

Wednesday night after we got home from church, while Brayden and Blaine were at the kitchen table finishing up their homework, that phrase was said several times by me. To Bryson. And every time I say it, he assures me he won't break anything. He doesn't understand yet that I am telling him not to because he will accidentally break something.

"I won't break stuff mom, I promise." Famous last words.

We were sitting in the living room talking when we heard the crash in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry mom!" Bryson shouted.

I replied, "Stay in the living room so you don't step in glass."

"I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry mom, I'm sorry mom!" He said again.

"It's okay, Bryson. It was just a mug and I have more. But this is why I tell you all the time NOT to throw balls in the house."

"It's okay mom! You and daddy will save the day!"

2 comments:

Candy said...

haha...us Moms always save the day!!

nat said...

Shall I start calling you Mighty Mouse? Ha! Too cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...