Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Stash #2



I had a customer last week ask me to make her a crayon roll out of cowgirl fabrics. She sent me links to the fabrics she liked and I ordered them. When I got them in, I washed, dried and ironed them. Then I started to cut it, and I didn't think it matched. I pulled back up the site I purchased it from because the brown spots looked black. I thought maybe I had ordered the wrong thing. I did notice that I had ordered from 2 different collections. I had ordered it correctly and it was all from the same designer, which means you can order from different collections and they will usually all go together somehow, someway. But this one didn't. So I messaged the customer to tell her I didn't think it matched and I sent her links to some others that would go with the fabrics she had already picked out. She requested a photo of them together and thought it was really cute. So I went ahead and made it and it mailed out a few days ago. I hope she likes it! But since I am so picky about things matching exactly, I went back and ordered the other fabrics that went with the one. The animal print collection is on back order, so when it comes back out in October I will purchase one to go with it so it doesn't go to waste.


This is another I was so excited to get. With boys you have cars, bugs and dinos. Pirate stuff is popular and I really liked this one. In fact, I was so excited that I didn't enlarge the photo so I could see the measuring tape next to it to see how big that print really is! I made a pencil pouch out of it and got a lot of the print on it, but I think it is a little big for a crayon roll. It had another with Jolly Rogers all over but smaller I think I will go back and order.

A few fabrics in a pin dot. They were on sale and I had a coupon so that was nice! These are great for all kinds of sewing projects and are gender neutral. Well, except the pink.


And last but not least, another one that was on sale but was still a little more because it is organic cotton, but I really liked the print so I only got 1/2 yard of each. I forgot to take a photo of it before I started cutting. I guess I was too excited! Here is what I made out of it. There would have been one more crayon roll, except I cut it 1/2 in. too short so the remaining fabric got thrown into the scrap pile. Don't worry! It won't go to waste...I will use it later! These have already been listed in my Etsy shop!

Happy Sunday!

Sara

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...