Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It Ain't Food Network....But They Eat It, Tuesday!

This is something that my entire family will eat. I don't get to say that very often and too bad it isn't a meal. It makes a good snack or breakfast drink. This serves 1. In other words, a big glass for me and a small one for Bryson. If I make it for all of us sometimes I double or even triple it, depending on if it is being enjoyed for a snack or a drink with a meal. The kids don't drink quite as much as me and Stephen. I think you get the idea :)

Blueberry Smoothies

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fat free, vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup pineapple juice (can substitute with orange juice)
1 ripe banana
handful of fresh spinach leaves

Throw all that into the blender and blend until all the spinach leaves "disappear". That will eliminate most of the whining. My kids only seem to taste the spinach if they can see it. I can't taste it at all. If you do, next time don't add so much. Pretty simple and a good way to use up almost too ripe bananas and get some more greens into your (and theirs!) diets!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I always see recipes for smoothies with greens in them, but have been very reluctant to try one! But I trust you :)
Now all I need is a blender!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...