Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We Made It!

We made it through the first day of school. And just like I predicted, I woke up a little after 4am with all the things running through my head that I needed to remember to do. Send lunch money, write a note about how to get home, Brayden is allergic to peanuts. The longer I laid in bed the longer my list was. So I finally got up and started getting things done. And I didn't forget one thing. We left the house at a little after 7am and had plenty of time to find where we were going.
My fifth grader was unsure about where his class was so I offered to help him find his room. Now keep in mind I had strict instructions NOT to walk him to class. So we looked everywhere. Finally after one teacher saw us go by 6 times she finally asked us what teacher we were looking for. We were right there the entire time. How did we not find it, you ask? They didn't change the names on the outside from last school year. He is in a module outside. It would have helped if they had changed that. Anyway, I had to go in and ask the teacher if she was who we were looking for and she came up to talk to us. I could see the look on Brayden's face. "My mom is in my embarrassing...I think I am gonna die..." I was so tempted to lean over and kiss him on the cheek out of meanness, but we are trying so hard now to teach him NOT to aggervate his brothers, so I refrained. That will be a story for another day.
Then I walked my 2nd grader to class and the whole way down the hall I thought he was gonna pee his pants he was so excited. All he kept saying was he couldn't wait to get to class and that he was so excited about school starting . He was telling his brother last night after they had gone to bed that he was excited and all the older one said was, "WHY?"
They both said they had really good days and that helps mom out a whole lot! But now I am exausted and need to get some sleep. I will write again later. Have a good night.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...