Friday, October 31, 2008

Worried

I don't know about you all but I am very worried about the upcoming election. Our church office sends out a news line every weekday. Every day this week they have been putting a note in there that is from our elders that I would like to share with you.

"Your elders request that you consider the upcoming elections and remember our country and freedoms in your prayers. We would ask that you pray for leaders to be elected who will uphold Christian values and return this country to the Biblical values to which it was established."

I thought this was very well worded and want to remind everyone to do this. I have never been much of a political person. I have voted in the last few elections but it seems this year, maybe because I am older, I have been really paying attention to all the political things on the news. What I see worries me. I am worried about who might become president and what that will mean for our country and for our children in the future. It always seems that I end up voting for what I refer to as the "lesser of two evils". There are things that I like about both candidates and there are things that I don't like about both candidates.

Please remember to pray for our country and our leaders. Not just before an election, but all the time. Pray that they make good decisions. Pray that the decisions they make will better our country and make our country better for our children and grandchildren in the future.

And remember, whoever becomes our President, whether it is who you vote for or not, it is all part of God's plan and they will need our prayers, too!

Sara

1 comment:

gabgirl said...

mature thinking.

thanks for reminding me that whatever happens is in god's plan...easy to get caught up in everything and get a little freaked out! have to pinch myself (repeatedly) and remember god's in control of the things that i tend to worry about.

gg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...