Thursday, December 25, 2008

Just In The Nick of Time


I finished it. Brayden's quilt was completed mid morning of Christmas Eve. My machine messed up again and I had to finish with my mom's machine just like I did with Blaine's. I really was hoping to get finished in time to make one for Bryson but he will have to get his some other time. The machine is in the shop...still...and the guy working on it called yesterday to tell me that more was wrong with it than he had originally thought. So basically all the repairs over the last two months I could have probably bought a new one that does a whole lot more stuff.

Tonight is our Christmas Eve. The boys came home from their dad's tonight at 6pm so Santa will come visit us tonight. That is how you have to do things when you have two sets of families. I guess Santa just knows how to do that.

I didn't realize it had been this long since I had updated my blog. And boy have I been up to a lot since the last one. Brayden was sick, and then Stephen got it. I sent out over 115 Christmas cards, only to realize that I think I left a few important people off "the list". I cheated this year and did address labels cause that is a whole lot of addressing. But I do think I forgot a few people, so if you normally get a card from me and you didn't this year, you got left off the list by accident. Oops. I will try to do better next year. I planned Brayden's birthday party only to postpone it due to all the illnesses. So I get to plan it again. Yay for me. I did some Christmas shopping...pretty much all of it...last Saturday. And of course, it would rain the whole time. But my parents kept the baby for us so we got to go by ourselves and that was fun. We went to two antique shops that day looking for something particular for my mom and Stephen's dad and decided that it was fun going through other people's junk. Never thought I would like that because I hate to shop, but I could see things that I could make out of other people's stuff. I guess it is true about one man's trash being another man's treasures. I just never thought of myself as being that other man. I will tell about what we were looking for after Christmas. I don't know if they will read this and I don't want to ruin the surprise!


I also "elfed ourselves" and if I can figure out how to get it to my blog I will share it with you. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Maybe when all the hoop-la is over I will post more often. Not that I will have anything interesting to say.....

Sara

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...