Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It Ain't Food Network, But They Eat It....Tuesday!

Warning! If you are diabetic don't even finish reading this post! This is a BIG family favorite but it will make your sugar run high just reading over it! I NEVER make this unless I am taking it somewhere because it is too dangerous to leave around my family only! This is their absolute favorite desert and we fight over it until the very last bite. Which I was raised the cook should always get. Just like the middle cinnamon roll.

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

1 yellow cake mix (no pudding)
1 egg
1 stick of butter

Mix together and spread in a 9x13 pan. I usually spray my fingers with cooking spray for this and press it down into the corners.

Then mix:
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 eggs
dash of vanilla

Pour over crust mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until almost set. Will still jiggle slightly. Dust with powdered sugar when partially cooled. Be sure to let this cool completely before trying to cut it. And cut the pieces small...it is very rich!

Sara

7 comments:

kara said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What are the chances??? We posted the same recipe! MUST be good! ;)

boyMOM said...

too funny~ brilliant minds think alike? :)

gabgirl said...

wish i had some cream cheese...i have EVERYTHING else. dang it.
i'm making white chicken chili tonight! the boy's are excited because i told them YOUR boy's loved it!! :)

That Girl said...

Once I get my hands on yellow cake mix and cream cheese, I'm all over this puppy.

That Girl said...

Once I'm in a country with yellow cake mix and cream cheese, I'm all over this puppy.

Ken Row said...

Erik wonders if you feed this to your kids! Seems it'd put them a little on the hyper side!

Sara said...

Ken,
Of course! This is their favorite dessert. They beg for this. But I only make it when we can take it somewhere so we don't eat it all by ourselves. And we do fight over the last piece. Seriously.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...