Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It Ain't Food Network..But They Eat it, Tuesday!

After all the talk on here last week about everyone picking strawberries, it made me think of a recipe that I got from my Grandma Row, who got the recipe from her mother- in-law. It is super good and super easy. It calls for frozen strawberries, but you could easily replace those with fresh. Have I ever done this? No. I am just guessing. haha! I don't see why not though!

Strawberry Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box strawberry jello
3 Tbsp. flour
3/4 c. cooking oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. water
1/2 box frozen strawberries

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Mix:
remaining 1/2 box strawberries
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 stick melted butter
I use my mixer for this part (just in case you are thinking mixing with just a spoon) so it gets the strawberries small.
Make holes in cake and pour mixture over while still hot.

3 comments:

Ken Row said...

This is one of my fav's.

I made it once using frozen peaches with peach jello. That was good too, but not as good as the strawberry.

Sometime, I'm going to try it with blackberries.

kara said...

I've got to try that!!!

gabgirl said...

yum....girl, i JUST got off of the treadmill. :O

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...