Friday, June 19, 2009

Can't Blame Baseball Anymore!

Well....baseball is over and I still haven't posted for a few days. I guess I really have nothing to say! I know...that is hard to believe. Really I have had some things in my mind to post and have taken pictures to post with them, but I can't find my little doo-hicky to load them on the computer! I keep thinking it will turn up but has not so far. I know that if I go purchase one it will show up for sure! I think I may do that...it was only $15.00.

June 15th started the ex's summer visitation. He has the boys from then until July 15th, with me getting visitation on the 1st and 3rd weekends. It really stinks but this is when I try work on some of my "to do" lists. But now with Bryson here that probably won't happen. I did get a pair of pajama pants made for Brayden this week from a red baseball print that I got on sale. Now Blaine is whining because I didn't make him a pair. I made Brayden's first because every time he comes out of his room I laugh and make fun of his "capri's". He doesn't think it is as funny as I do! He is growing so fast we can hardly keep up with him.

Speaking of growing quickly, I am getting a taste of what it is going to be like to feed three growing boys. I know they are all growing now, but I mean cooking for growing big boys. Right now, Bryson only eats a descent amount every few days, which the Dr. has told me is normal. Blaine on the other hand, has usually eaten like a bird, but a couple of weeks ago he informed me he has "the worm". I wasn't sure what he was talking about but he quickly explained himself...

"Mom...I eat all the food you give me and I am still hungry! That means I have the worm!"

"Blaine, that doesn't mean you have the worm. That means you are finally growing!"

Of course, it would have been fun to see his reaction if I had gone along with the worm for awhile, wouldn't it?

Last week I made the usual amount of biscuits and sausage gravy for dinner one night. Normally I always throw away a little bit because it isn't good left over. Well, last week, they ate everything I put on their plates. Brayden asked for more and I fixed him some more. Then Blaine wanted more. But Brayden had finished it off. So Stephen gave Blaine what was left on his plate. Then they both asked for more again. Last night we had Cheese Ravioli with meat sauce. Brayden ate two plate fulls. I usually have a good bit left over but just a little bit this time. Then I made a peach cobbler with peaches I froze last summer. It is gone now too. So I guess I am gonna have to start cooking a little more each time. Which means I will really be putting my coupons to good use.

I had no idea what to post for my Tuesday Recipe. I guess everyone else was the same way. I rushed to my computer to find new recipes and no one posted one! I have a few in my mind that I think I will post ahead of time and set it to post on Tuesdays. Then I don't have to worry about it if I am busy.

The boys have to go back to their dad's house Sunday morning because of Father's Day, so we will be celebrating with Stephen's family tonight and my family tomorrow night. Tomorrow is VBS at our church. We are trying something new this year. An all day Saturday VBS. So this weekend will be busy and is going to go by quickly. Then the boys will be gone again until Thursday morning and will have to go back to their dad's on Friday. Now that they are older they adjust to the going back and forth somewhat easily, but Bryson doesn't understand. He wants Blaine to jump on the trampoline with him and asks where Brayden is. I guess when their "brother from another mother" starts crying for them, they (meaning dad and step mom) will understand some of the consequences of their actions.

But probably not.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully I will see you all here next week.

Sara

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...